Quote:
and the people posting generally have already made a choice of TiVo or ReplayTV. As a result, there is a lot of "Rah, rah for my system" posting going on. Opinions are likely to be very biased for/against one system over the other.

so VERY true!
Great resource when your shopping however to watch owners talk back and forth regarding menus/setups/workarounds/glitches as long as you read with your skeptical spectacles on.
Even while self-validating their various purchases they will be asking for help on issues. That advance arms you to shop the product informed with the 'worst' and 'best' characteristics of its day in day out use.

Me: “Now, as my assistant attempts to stop the Internet Lemmings from hurling themselves to a certain demise, I will drink my Shirley Temple and sit in the shade. And my director tells me I can watch ESPN if I keep the volume low.”

You can use all forum resources two ways:

“The Internet allows lemmings of all sociopolitical viewpoints to gather themselves into groups for the purpose of finding the right sort of cliff to launch themselves off of."
OR
"The internet is like a car-horn in the middle of a pack of lemmings. It disperses the throng; and some of the poor schmucks even avoid going over the cliff."

Borrowed from ‘Lemmings at Internet speed’
Andrew Sullivan on what the Internet has done to media in America: