Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#1084 - 01/31/02 01:13 AM Remote
SuperFi Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Grass Valley, CA
I can't get my remote to control my Sony DVD player. I have tried to enter it as SAT, AMP, AUX and all the rest are filled. Used code 0533. All my other components were entered without problem but not the DVD? Sony DVP-NS0300/B

------------------
Corey
music heals

#1085 - 01/31/02 07:04 AM Re: Remote
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Try 0193 and 0201 -- I got those from hifi-remote , a site for the Radio Shack 15-1994 remote (a relative of teh 1050's remote).

------------------
Gonk

#1086 - 01/31/02 01:23 PM Re: Remote
zacster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/faq.shtml#[1.23] also gives information on changing a device button's device type. A dvd player uses the vcr device type. Read through the entire site. It gives a lot of info that is not in the manual, and most of it applies to the outlaw remote as well as the RatShack.

#1087 - 01/31/02 02:20 PM Re: Remote
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I was able to program my DVD player to use the AUX button on mine -- a difference between the 15-1994 and the 1050's remote.

------------------
Gonk

#1088 - 02/02/02 02:24 AM Re: Remote
SuperFi Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Grass Valley, CA
I have tried the other codes with no joy. For now the DVD is in the VCR sport but I want to get this right. Another question: Why does the remote for a HTR not have a DVD component control on the remot?

------------------
Corey
music heals

#1089 - 02/02/02 11:36 AM Re: Remote
zacster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Do this:
Press and hold the SETUP button until the red LED flashes twice, then release
Press 9 9 2, two flashes
Press the VCR device button
Press the AUX device button, two flashes

Press the Aux button, then release
Press and HOLD the SETUP button until the red LED flashes twice, then release
Press 0 1 9 3 , two flashes
Press the Power button to test.

If 0193 doesn't work try 0201 or 0533. Since you have it working on the VCR button use the same code. I tried it on mine and it took the code, but I don't have a Sony DVD so I couldn't test it. When I tried the Panasonic code it did work. You can then reprogram the VCR button for the VCR.

I use my RS 15-1994 to control everything, with macros that switch all devices at once on both TV and receiver. This helps me get around the Outlaw's known problem with S-video pass through. The Outlaw remote can do the same, although I haven't copied my RS commands over to try it.

(The instructions are from Rob Crowe's hifi-remote web site. He knows everything about this remote.)

#1090 - 01/17/03 01:31 PM Re: Remote
Hi4head Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lexington, NC
OK, I'm know that I'm tying into a thread that's almost a year old, but, it is the closest thing I can find after doing some searches.

I recently got another cd player (NAD540) and have hooked in up to the 1050. I'm trying to figure out how I can control it and the rest of the gear connected to the 1050. Currently I have a VCR, a carousel CD player, and a DVD player. I've already programmed the DVD to be controlled by the AUX button and the other two are controlled by their respective buttons.

If I understand the thread, I should be able to change one of the non-used buttons (i.e. CBL, SAT) over to a CD button? Correct?

I'm a little hesitant to do much in the way of alterations to "this" remote since I completely wiped out my first remote with that good old 981 code. (Fortunately, our Outlaw buddies sent me a new one.)

If I understand it, I would:

Press and hold the Setup button (2 flashes)
Press 9 9 2 (2 flashes)
Press the CD button
Press the CBL button (assuming I want this to be my new CD player's button)

Then try various codes to try to get it to recognize the NAD player. (A different search showed some possible codes.)

Apart from potentially screwing up the CBL button, by doing this could I be messing up anything else?

Thanks,
Chris

#1091 - 01/17/03 02:57 PM Re: Remote
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
You have it correct Chris and don't worry about screwing up your cbl button. To reset it back to it's original setting simply map it back to itself.

Press and hold the Setup button (2 flashes)
Press 9 9 2 (2 flashes)
Press the CBL button
Press the CBL button again

JUST DON'T ENTER 9 8 1 !!!!

#1092 - 01/19/03 11:41 PM Re: Remote
Hi4head Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lexington, NC
Thanks desperado.

And I learned that lesson big-time a year ago.

Before I saw your post, I remembered reading in another thread that all the audio devices worked similarly relative to the remote and so did the video (i.e. dvd and vcr are similar). I was thinking that since the remote has a button for AMP and that since amps are basically audio equipment, maybe the amp button would work for my cd player.

I found some possible codes for my NAD player and programmed one into the AMP button. Low and behold the button and the remote now works (partially) to control the CD player. It will execute the Play, Stop, and Pause functions; nothing else. For the most part, that's all I need to do with this single disc cd player. Maybe this lesson will help someone else too.

Chris

Who's Online
0 registered (), 317 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
REP, caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward
8714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Veeper 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,714 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,330 Topics
98,700 Posts