i have a st70. the 250 kit price sounds really good. i got mine cheap...but i had to replace...everything. got me to about 450 - 500 at the end ... and i still need to get the chassis dipped. blew my regulator tube last week ... i think while i was in the mid-east...my ex-girl friend tried to make it work.
i really like the jolida's...very elegant looking for the same money...integrated's, too. haven't keep up with much else there. the carey's are awesome...and the boogie amps....but i can't ...spend that kinda money ..even on groove tubes. where did i put that bad tube?
the joolidas (again, he says) put out some nice power and are very flat for a tube system. i love my ARC! it was the center for the system...now, a nice warm stage for the table...a music hall..nothing fancy (the cartridge is EVERYthing...and a platter that spins round at the rite speed..n, an arm that's made right. the ARC only uses one output tube per side for final gain. it's got a lotta gain, too! quite a few volts before ya blow your speakers up....save money nd get the ST-70. there's a simple mod for it..i down-loaded the schematics from somewhere, with the simple mod in it...the kit may already have it. it's just a lifting of 2 10 ohm resistors...at the input, i believe...need to get the drawings for that.