rubbersoul,

I must apologize. I jumped into this thread late and was also soliciting an opinion regarding a media server. I just read through your original post and this unit does not meet some of your criteria, specifically the highest resolution output is 720P, with blueray I would assume you want 1080P. It’s not real clear on this because spec sheet has a footnote “ 2 EDTV or HDTV that supports 1080i, 1080p, or 720p input is required.”

Further the system is designed to work with Microsoft Vista . iMac may or may not be compatible. It’s not listed as supported. I have no experience with iMAc. So I’m afraid I haven’t been much help here. Maybe someone a little more knowledgeable can jump in here.

The system appears to meet my needs as I have an HP computer with Vista. So I will upload my cd's and a few movies to my computer using winows media player lossless format (buy an extra Hard drive internal or external) and I can play through my 990 w/ graphic interface on TV.

Note: I have been reluctent to do anything other than pop a cd into a dedicated player for music so this is a big step for me.