Pink Floyd Pluse DVD

Posted by: Paratrooper

Pink Floyd Pluse DVD - 07/17/06 05:09 PM

If you are a Pink Floyd fan this is a must. The video is great and the music is awesome. 2 DVDs of live concert with many alternate versions and out takes. smile
Posted by: DNicely1

Re: Pink Floyd Pluse DVD - 07/17/06 10:36 PM

It is good, but I cannot get the DD 640kbps to play in my Denon 2900, what a bummer, but the regular DD track sounds good, really good bass.
Well worth it.
Posted by: ronrags

Re: Pink Floyd Pluse DVD - 07/24/06 08:55 AM

I too can not get the DD 640kbps to play on my Denon 2200, but it sounds great anyway. What a big difference from the original vhs recording. The 5.1 sounds so full and clear plus the instruments are much more defined. I read other reviews that didn't like the video portion, but it's a definite improvement over the vhs recording. I just wish it was in wide screen format, but I'm happy it's finally out on dvd.

I highly recommend watching a great performance by a top notch band even if you are not a Pink Floyd fan. Unfortunately you can not appreciate the visual portion like being there live. I've been to a lot of concerts since 1971, but this is still my favorite.
Posted by: R. Mackey

Re: Pink Floyd Pluse DVD - 07/25/06 12:18 AM

No 640K DD for me either (Pioneer DV-45) but still a terrific recording. I went to that tour when it came to the Rose Bowl, in my misbegotten youth... The sound quality on the DVD is much better than I expected. The extras aren't too bad, either!

Thanks for the recommendation.
Posted by: daddy_guy

Re: Pink Floyd Pluse DVD - 10/23/06 04:11 PM

I just got this DVD, and am a Pink Floyd fan from way back...seen them a few times over the last 35 years or so, and this is a great concert DVD. I have a Denon 3800, and it plays the DD 640kbps audio...it sounds exceptional, and you can tell a lot of work was done to "fine tune" the original video and audio. A highly recommended concert DVD!
Posted by: Cybermynd

Re: Pink Floyd Pluse DVD - 01/09/07 11:53 AM

I saw them in the early 80's in Montreal and still remember the concert. Even though we were well back in the 'Big O' it was still impressive. The DVDs are awesome and I love the way it all seems so easy for them. The spectacle is certainly a big part of the show but some of the songs would be just as good done acoustically on a small stage. Wish You Were Here is really a very intimate song - as are many of them. Run certainly kicks as a big production though - and it's a great closer.
I still haven't gotten to the extras but judging by some of the notes here they are worth an immediate look!