I downsized my home recently so found myself in the position of combining TV/stereo duties. The 975 I ordered yesterday is my first shift from dedicated two channel to more of a theater focus. How well does the downmixing in the 975 work?

I will list what I was running and the plan for updates. Feel free to give any thoughts you might have regarding gear changes.

The stereo/TV as it stands now:
Dish Network receiver running HDMI into an OPPO BDP-103
HDMI out of the OPPO to a 51" Samsung Plasma
analogue audio right/left out of the OPPO into an Adcom GFP-750 (the Nelson Pass Active/passive unit)
The GFP-750 feeds an Adcom limited edition GFA-585
the 585 feeds a set of Polk Audio SDA-2a's

I also have a Dared tube stage in the processor loop of the GFP-750 for when I need a bit of Telefunken goodness in my life.

Here is the plan and my hope. I am going to retire the SDA's in favor of a pair of Polk Monitor 7. The Outlaw 975 goes in place of the GFP-750 and I have a Polk PSW 125 in route.

I do not want to give up my GFA-585 unless I have no other options. The 585 was highly regarded when introduced but suffered a leaking cap issue. I bought mine dead and had it shipped to a place in Montana for overhaul and upgrade.

I read good things about the Outlaw amplifiers but they do not come factory sporting mills resistors and metal film caps in place of the electrolytics. I have no problem spending the $1,500.00 on an amp and have done so but I know anything that replaces my current amp is going to be a disappointment and I cannot afford to own multiple units at that price.

Is there any hope?