Hi guys, new to forums here and pretty much new to surround sound too. I have been researching different products for a few weeks and finally pulled the trigger on a new system without hearing any part of it first. Probably not the smartest decision but what the hey, live and learn lol.

I actually based my purchases on reviews, lots and lots of reviews.. I feel like I am an expert in my own mind on a lot of brands now after researching so much. I'm a little ocd about that I guess.

Anyways, I've been home theatering for the last 4 years on a 32" Sharp Aquos with an LG soundbar and a little active subwoofer that came with it. We thought it was great for awhile, but lately the sound seems all garbled to me and the once "decent" bass has become laughable I guess.

So after a lot of financial consideration I decided to upgrade to a 5.1 system and a new television. I started with a $1200 budget (lol) and ended up going about $1500 over that.

I started with a 55" LG 120hz led. Wanted a plasma but my kids leave games and carrtoons paused all the time so I opted out of that idea.

I originally was going to buy a Klipsch Quintet 5.0 speaker set, then I changed my mind to Energy Take Classics and finally pulled the trigger on Infinity bookshelf speakers. I based this decision on my personal experience with Infinity speakers which is I have never heard any that sounded bad, they always took all the power you could give them within their range and didn't distort and sounded great and loud! So I bought 3 163BK speakers, 1 for my center and 2 for my L/R fronts and I bought 2 162's for my rears. I know there's a lot better top of the line speakers but I tried to do the best with what I could afford.

I topped these off with an Outlaw LFM 1 Plus and I'll be pushing these with a Denon 1713 receiver.

Just these purchases put me way over my budget lol. So the other day my first speaker came in. (I ordered from different places due to sales, Fry's had the 163's and 162's for $50 a piece but a limit of 2 each). I got thrown for a loop when I opened the 163 up and saw that there are no wall mounting options for it. So I had to order a couple more speaker stands in addition to the two I had already ordered for the rears.

Then we decided we needed room darkening blinds and I ended up ordering some blackout curtains for our 2 windows.

So now I'm sitting here waiting for Fed-Ex.. Impatiently lol. The worse part about it is I'll have everything delivered today except for my Outlaw Sub which isn't scheduled for delivery until Wednesday.. That's going to suck huh lol.

I'm sure hoping it's worth the wait and I hope this is all going to be the improvement I'm wanting. My room is 15x16x9 so I'm thinking judging by the size of these Infinity bookshelfs that my house is going to be rocking! They are a lot bigger than I expected. Five of them plus a 12" 350w sub is going to be crazy, I probably wont even be able to turn it up past 1/4 without my wife yelling about turning the kids deaf lol.

Anyways, thank you for reading if you did lol. I'm really excited and anticipating a whole new level of sound when I get this all hooked up!!