Ok, I'm looking to "roll my own" home theater setup and I think I know what I want.

I'm looking to buy 2 sets of Magnepan MC1's for the front and rear channels, a CC3 for the center channel. These speakers require a receiver/amplifier that can drive a 4ohm load (which is why I'm here). Also looking at Outlaw's LFM-1 subwoofer (not-sure which one).

I'm so confused! The last time I did any research on stereo stuff was back in the late 80s and I had a much tighter budget back then.

So of course I have a bunch of questions... :rolleyes:

1) I'm considering either the 970/7075 or 7125 combo package. Do I need the extra power to run those speakers? Do I need even more power (like the 7500 or 7700), I hope not as the latter two are REALLY pushing my budget in directions I would rather not go...

2) Is it worth going with the 990 instead? Some of the features I don't see myself using (balanced inputs/multi-room etc) Just wondering if the 990 sounds any better.

3) I really don't understand the difference between the two different LFM-1 models. Can someone explain it to me?

4) I plan on using SACD's with the Playstation 3 I have coming soon, and hear that I need some sort of bass management for it to sound right with the Magnepans/Subwoofer setup I am planning. The ICBM is no longer being made, does the bass management on the 970 negate the need for this device now?

Any and all responses are appreciated!

Thank you so much!

Oscar