For the past 3 years, I have been using the 950/755 combo, along with a Denon 2900 DVD Player in my media room. I have a Sharp ZV-10000 projector (Early DLP) and a 92" Stewart Firehawk Screen.

This setup has worked really well, however, after watching a lot of HD material on my plasma and LCD tv's, I would like to try to get beyond 480 resolution in my media room.

The Sharp projector will support DVI input, although I currently have component video input via the Denon DVD.

Obviously I can upgrade to an upconverting DVD player, and that is where my questions arise for the forum gurus.

1. Will an upconverting DVD player make the positive change I am looking for in this setup?
It seems like it would...

2. Oppo or Denon DVD player? The Oppo 981HD seems like the choice for the $$$...

3. Will an HDMI to DVI cable make a noticable difference over the component input with either brand of DVD player?
The cost of a 45 foot HDMI with a DVI converter will cost as much or more than the new DVD player if I land on Oppo. I need this much cable to hide it and keep my wife happy...

Gents, thanks in advance for the input/advice. I have followed the forum since 2003 and you all have been a tremendous help.

Best,

gb