Hi all,

I have a Paradigm PW2200 v.2 subwoofer that I bought a few years back. Its performed admirably but has recently started to reveal a rather annoying trait: a popping sound.

The "pop" occurs when the system is first turned on and occurs occasionally when the movie soundtrack becomes quiet, i.e.~ a lot of dialougue. Once the soundtrack becomes active with music or explosions, etc. the pop disappers.

I know the Paradigm uses a digital class amp and I've contacted Paradigm about this issue - their response was that this behavior is normal for a digital class amp as it operates on an "all or nothing" signal path. No low frequency information? The amp on the sub simply shuts down.

I've tried tweaking the crossover frequency, increasing the output volume, etc. but the pop still exists. In recent weeks its becomes more annoying as it happens more frequently. Its not uncommon to have a successive "pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-OH! There's the signal!" routine now. I'm about to throw it out the window! mad

Obvious solution aside (buying an LFM-1 Plus laugh ), anything you guys can elighten me on that I may be missing? I don't want to have to buy a new sub just yet if I don't have to, so any feedback, similar problems, solutions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks as always as I have counted on your collective feedback in the past. I look forward to reading your responses.