To all

I recently ordered and successfully assembled a 15" Titanic MKIII subwoofer System with the new 1000w plate amp. When calibrated to the correct level (75-80db SPL) at the Dolby reference of "0" on my Outlaw 950 pre/pro, the subwoofer really rocks. However, at normal listening levels for pop/country music, the subwoofer plate amp will not go from the standby mode to the operate mode when the power switch is in the "auto on position". Also, when in the operate mode, the power light becomes bright green instead of yellow as stated in the amp manual. To achieve a calibration of 75-80db SPL, I have the amp gain set at "5" and the 950 pre/pro output at -5db. To get the amp to turn on, when in the "auto on" mode, at normal listening levels for music, I have to boost the 950 pre/pro output to +8db (the pre/pro trim range is -15 to +10db). Also, the amp turn on point seems to be dependant on the amp gain setting. For this reason, I do not believe that my amp has been adjusted to go from the standby mode to the operate mode upon receiving a 3mv input signal as stated in the product description. Do I have a malfunctioning amp? Has anyone else had a similar problem with this new PE plate amp?
Regards,
TCIII

------------------
If you are going to send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.