Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#13753 - 09/09/04 03:09 PM Help me cope... ;-)
rmeredit Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Parker, Colorado, USA
My receiver (s* es) is dying and I need a new one. I promised myself I would hold out for the 1070 but am having serious thoughts about getting a something different that I can get my hands on now. My current pos hardly works at this point. I need to fight the urge - just can't seem to shake this feeling. I have acute new receiveritis of the outlaw type.

-rob

#13754 - 09/09/04 03:22 PM Re: Help me cope... ;-)
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Smack self in face.

Ok, what are you drooling over so badly that you need it now? You'll be keeping this thing for years, so what's a bit longer of a wait?

#13755 - 09/09/04 03:43 PM Re: Help me cope... ;-)
rmeredit Offline
Gunslinger

Well, I don't have the exact one in mind. It's just that my current receiver is dying & I usually watch TONS of movies during the holiday season & don't know how I'm going to put up w/ the constant popping & cutting out of my current one. I have wanted an outlaw receiver for a couple of years but kept holding off until this one is dead. Now, it's dead but I can't get one! I think I need to lay down ;-)

#13756 - 09/09/04 04:04 PM Re: Help me cope... ;-)
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Breathe......in, breeeeathe out!
Now, if you must satisfy your primal instincts, get an el-cheapo KLH or something used for now...say,under $150, so by the time the 1070 comes out, you will not have made a large investment and will be ready to "upgrade". You could then use the cheap receiver for your kid's college dorm or something!

#13757 - 09/09/04 04:10 PM Re: Help me cope... ;-)
rmeredit Offline
Gunslinger

I may do something like that. My wife is complaining a lot b/c we just spent 3.6k this weekend on a new DLP & she can't enjoy her watching b/c of the lack of audio... A good problem to have, especially when you want an upgrade anyway. I can't believe it's going to be Jan until I can get it.

Oh well, I think I'll pick up an el-cheapo until then. That could be the medicine needed to repress the symptoms.

-rob

#13758 - 09/09/04 04:31 PM Re: Help me cope... ;-)
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Phew!!! Another disaster averted. This was too close for comfort....I'm glad to have been there for you in your moment of weakness! 3.6k....Cheese'n rice Batman!!

#13759 - 09/09/04 05:28 PM Re: Help me cope... ;-)
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
could be pesos, not dollars... muhaha. what about getting your pos fixed? could be cheap... probably better to spend 100 on a newer pos though.

------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.

#13760 - 09/09/04 06:24 PM Re: Help me cope... ;-)
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mountain View, CA, USofA
Depending on what is failing on the s* es receiver (what are the sysmptoms?), there is the old-fashioned option of fixing it.

What the heck, if you mess it up for good, you can at least say you tried and sell the remains on e-bay for someone to use as pieces-parts for projects. From e-bay, I bought a Crown K1 amp that was reported to be not working. For $200, I KNEW I was going to get some nice parts, such as the main power transformer. I wound up doing a trivial fix on the K1, and it works fine.

So see if you, or a buddy, can fix the receiver. Hey, if you do, and you still want a new one, you now have something working to sell.

Paul

------------------
the 1derful1

Who's Online
0 registered (), 227 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM