Alright, I've been a longtime fan of the Outlaw Saloon, and have learned a lot about A/V equipment from the forum since I first took an interest in the field. I'm about to take my first plunge into HiFi gear, and wanted to get last minute advice from y'all, whose expertise in A/V equipment is almost unparalleled in the internet. I'm on a tight budget, and basically am trying to create the audio system with the best bang for your buck. Currently, I'm not that interested in video. Here's what I want to get:

The Cambridge Audio 500SE CD-Player - $300 (used from Audiogon)

One pair of Klipsch SB3 bookshelf speakers ($300 a pair)

Wave Line 1 tube preamp from Antique Sound Labs ($199)

Two Wave AV-8 monoblock tube amplifiers from Antique Sound Labs, rated at 10W. ($99/amp)

Outlaw Copper interconnects (how many do I need? One pair to connect the CD player to pre-amp, and two pair to connect the pre-amp to the two amps, right? So, I'll need three pair of interconnects?)

Auricaps to replace capacitators in pre-amp and amps ($25).

I need a highly efficient speaker for the weak amps, and I don't think anything's more efficient than the Horn speakers from Klipsch. I wanted a high quality CD player with 24/192 upsampling, and the Cambridge is the cheapest one. I've been interested in tube amps for the high quality, and you can't beat the price of the ASL amps. Let me know what you all think before I purchase the equipment...and I'm estatic about throwing out my Aiwa system and getting a HiFi system.

Dan