Hi,

I've had a Marantz SR8000 for over ten years. It was my first real receiver (5 channel, happy with it) and I've since had an NAD C370 (2 channel, a little disappointing) and very recently the Outlaw RR2150 (2 channel, very happy with it).

My Marantz cuts in and out which is kind of annoying, so I'm putting a new receiver onto my wish list for next year. My question is, does anyone have experience with the three products listed in the title and can make a recommendation? If I am used to the RR2150 and SR8000; would I probably find the SR5005 to be markedly inferior? Do I need to save up for something else to replace the SR8000?

Thanks for any input.

Tai

p.s. I am currently driving Paradigm mini monitors with the RR2150 and Paradigm monitor 7's with a CC350 center channel (no rears) on the Marantz... speakers are on the wishlist too, I could get better ones for the Outlaw and restore the Paradigm set as the mini's used to be rears, and ultimately if my Marantz replacement warranted it I would move the Paradigms to a different room and get something better for the surround system too...I'm pretty satisfied with both systems but if I replace the Marantz I'd rather go up than down - and I feel the mini's may be selling the Outlaw short. Any thoughts appreciated!

Edited by Tai (07/08/11 08:29 PM)