Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#82882 - 03/13/10 03:24 AM The help you need
jsid Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
I don’t get why everyone is thanking Outlaw for basically making the only logical decision they could make. I guess they could have pressed with the 997 but like I said, that wouldn't be logical at this point. And I got to tell you, the rendering of the new face plate is uninspired, dull, and quite frankly looks like something that was rushed to bring the mythical 998 to life. “It has to be true, we’ve seen it...right?”

I have often wondered what possesses someone to marry a prisoner facing life for murder or why hostages begin to sympathize with their captures over time but now I know...I have been supportive of a company that basically lied to me for a year and who ultimately never produced a single thing. Hell maybe that's it...they don’t have to. All they have to do is promise a new product and we inexplicably trust, believe, and follow.

Well no more, I personally won’t continue to blindly trust, believe and follow, I have moved on with an Anthem AVM-50V...and I know its three times the cost of an Outlaw product but with the money I saved on the 990 (actually owned one), the 997 (never produced) and now the 998 (will probably never happen) I can afford it.

Farewell and good luck...I hope that all of you to get the help you need and also move on.

#82894 - 03/13/10 09:02 AM Re: The help you need [Re: jsid]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The AVM-50v is an excellent choice. If budget permitted, I think that's probably what I'd have myself. I think you'll enjoy it. As for why people are thanking Outlaw for making the only logical decision, all I can suggest is that we've all seen products come to market in spite of "the only logical decision" that should have stopped them.

#82973 - 03/16/10 05:25 PM Re: The help you need [Re: gonk]
southpark Offline
Gunslinger

I'm thanking them because most companies would continue to let their customers stay in the dark. Or they would keep the hype -- and BS -- coming full steam ahead. And then many companies would bring the product out anyway, tell everyone it farts fairy dust, and try to recoup as much of their investment as possible as early adopters become de facto beta testers. And then shrug.

#83416 - 04/25/10 02:14 PM Re: The help you need [Re: jsid]
Windmiller Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chapel Hill, NC
Originally Posted By: jsid

Farewell and good luck...I hope that all of you to get the help you need and also move on.

I always get a kick out of dramatic exit posts like this. There must be some template you guys use for posts like this because they are all the same. Too funny.

I don't think Outlaw lied to anyone. It was an unfortunate situation but I honestly don't feel like Outlaw is to blame. The outcome for us is better anyway, we get a true Outlaw product.

#83417 - 04/25/10 03:28 PM Re: The help you need [Re: Windmiller]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
Personally, I think the 998 faceplate is much better looking than the AVM-50V. I cannot see a significant advantage to the Anthem other than more in and outs. Anyone on this forum is generally looking for big bang for their buck and the Anthem is not.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#83423 - 04/25/10 09:36 PM Re: The help you need [Re: XenonMan]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
We'll have to see and hear the Model 998 before we can compare it to the AVM50v. I do agree about the faceplates, but I also tend to have an issue with the "million and one buttons" approach that the Anthem and Lexicon processors' front panels seem to use. The video processing in the AVM50v is stout, especially if you like to tweak things (tons of settings to adjust), and the analog section is very well regarded. I wouldn't expect the Model 998 to win against the AVM50v in a head-to-head match-up, but how close it could get will have to wait until the 998 is a physical reality. My hunch? The AVM50v is likely to win overall (although well-implemented Trinnov 3D remapping could have some real advantages even over something like ARC) while the Model 998 - assuming it achieves what the basic concept suggests - will have a good shot at winning the "bang for the buck" contest.

#83428 - 04/26/10 08:03 AM Re: The help you need [Re: gonk]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
The multiple button issue is one but the silver color is another. The 886 at least is dark and hides the buttons pretty well. The Anthem looks too busy.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

Who's Online
0 registered (), 309 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM