The Pacific anyone see part 1

Posted by: E'pin Sen Ob

The Pacific anyone see part 1 - 03/16/10 06:08 PM

So I am curious... did anyone here see it? What did you think and will you buy it when it hits the shelf. I know it is pretty early on in the series but, I knew that BOB was going in the collection just based on the previews I saw before it even aired. I have it recorded on my DVR but have not had a chance to see it yet. Thoughts anyone?
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: The Pacific anyone see part 1 - 03/16/10 07:16 PM

BOB is awesome!! Pacific is going to be just as good, but with the Marines instead. The first episode showed some of the problems the Marines had in the beginning of the war.
Posted by: sluggo

Re: The Pacific anyone see part 1 - 03/16/10 11:39 PM

First episode was slow, but then again, so was the first of BOB. Because you spend so much time watching these people in their helmets and olive drab, you need to get to know some of them before all hell breaks loose and you start playing "who dat?" The story is based on a couple of books written by marines, and they're not all about the front lines, so we can expect this will be a bit of a different animal.
Posted by: gonk

Re: The Pacific anyone see part 1 - 03/17/10 07:17 AM

No HBO here, but I suspect that I'll pick up the Blu-ray when it comes out.
Posted by: soccerdad

Re: The Pacific anyone see part 1 - 03/17/10 08:42 AM

HBO on demand also has a few short clips(usually 4-9 minutes each)of interviews with 6 of the real life main characters that provides some background you may find interesting as rhe series progresses.
Jeff
Posted by: E'pin Sen Ob

Re: The Pacific anyone see part 1 - 03/18/10 08:43 AM

Yeah the first episode was a bit slow. I think it is going to be pretty solid from what I saw last night though. Looking forward to this sunday and part 2.