Hi all,

I got a new pair of Magnepan 1.6 speakers about a month ago, and I'm trying to mate them with my LFM 1-ex. The dealer recommended I run the Maggies full range and use the sub to cover everything below 50 hz, which is what I've done by bypassing the bass management on my RR2150 and using the sub's crossover (set as close to 50 as I can figure). Here's the issue: it seems that the sub is not playing very loudly in this configuration. Prior to getting the Maggies, I had a pair of Audio Physic monitors set up using the RR2150's bass management crossover at 60 hz and volume on the sub at under 4; that rocked the house. Now, when I'm playing music at a fairly loud level with the sub volume at 5.5, I can put my hand on the sub's woofer and it seems like it's really not moving much--and the bass is very weak.

I'm pretty sure I have everything set up correctly (the receiver's bass management is bypassed and I've set the crossover switch on the sub to active). I figure this can't be normal. Does anyone have any idea what's going on or what I might be doing wrong? Thanks!