DVD player recommendations?

Posted by: JimInColorado

DVD player recommendations? - 08/20/05 07:01 PM

My 990 and 7125 arrived today. The B&W 702s will be here on Thursday. I'm psyched!

What are current recommendations for a DVD player? I don't want to spend a lot since I will replace it after the DVD HD format war is settled, but I don't want to waste money on junk.

I saw a post a while back with a link to an online DVD retailer. I thought it was "Optomo" or something like that. I can't find it in searching the Outlaw forums (and good grief is that a slow process!) or web searches.

All thoughts welcome!
Posted by: JimInColorado

Re: DVD player recommendations? - 08/20/05 07:09 PM

And, of course, right after posting, I found the DVD Recommendations thread in the Outlaw-to-Outlaw forum. It includes the Oppo recommendation. For those interested in a good discussion on DVD players, head over there!
Posted by: MeanGene

Re: DVD player recommendations? - 09/03/05 01:12 PM

Although it wasn't a lot of money I have enjoyed a carousel type of DVD player. My Sony DVP 875P dosen't do DVDA or SACD but it does about every thing else. What I like about it most is the fact that I never have to get a DVD out of the snap case to play it and I don't have all the clutter from all those plastic cases. Sony 875P
Posted by: Lizard King

Re: DVD player recommendations? - 12/28/06 10:05 PM

DENON!!!!!