Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#8516 - 10/28/04 02:41 PM In Car SACD or DVD-Audio
jimform2k1 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Windsor, Canada
Group,

Kinda off topic but I will ask anyway.

Are any car audio manufacturers offering sacd or dvd-a setups?

I'm trying to get into these formats at home (ie. maybe with an icbm) but was wondering if I can get surround in car.

Jim

#8517 - 10/28/04 03:11 PM Re: In Car SACD or DVD-Audio
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Look at the Acura TL. It offers a DVD-Audio system specifically installed for that model. I'm currently forgetting which manufacturer provides the system but you'll find it on the web.

So far, I don't know of any manufacturers doing SACD in surround for the car. All hybrid SACD discs should play fine in stereo in a car CD player. Of course, that wouldn't be the hi-res track...

Hope that helps...

#8518 - 10/28/04 03:55 PM Re: In Car SACD or DVD-Audio
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The Acura TL's DVD-A system is provided by Panasonic (there's an article about it here ), but there doesn't seem to be a lot of aftermarket support for DVD-Audio yet. Crutchfield appears to have only one head unit with DVD-Audio support, a Kenwood unit that sells for $2300. I found one other link about a high-end unit from Alpine, but it doens't appear to be listed anywhere on Alpine's site yet.

#8519 - 10/28/04 05:04 PM Re: In Car SACD or DVD-Audio
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
There are no SACD units I know of yet. Haven't heard of anything on the horizon either. DVD-Audio is either starting to come out or has a little bit already. You can find the 5.1 decks without too much trouble, but I don't know if your wallet will like it. I'd love to have a DVD-Audio player in my car too, but I'm not sure if it's worth it over the other forms unless you really get into deadening the car.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 240 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM