Oh boy.

Moving, albeit slowly, into Home Theater... and my wife LOVES the Bose Lifestyle system that she purchased as a housewarming gift to each other. You guessed it - I was not involved in that process - but 10 years later we're still married!

Anyway, seriously looking at a 1050. How would I hook up the BOSE speakers? I'll eventually upgrade away from them - but they'll be a proper (political) starting point.

They're the style where the amplifier is in the subwoofer. The head unit has a CD player, an AM/FM tuner, a tape loop, video in, and aux in. Stereo only - it the first Lifestyle system that they made. I plan to replace this head unit with the 1050..

I suspect that it is pre-amp output to the amp in the subwoofer - the subwoofer has two speaker output connections.

So - the 1050's single RCA sub-out connection to a Y splitter to the L and R inputs on the sub - and the 1050's L and R speaker connections to the "cube arrays?" And some new rear speakers...

Or must the "cube arrays" remain connected to the speaker output of the subsoofer??

Thanks in advance,
SW