Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#10076 - 10/12/09 12:10 PM Been in a rockin', virtual Memphis…
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
…for something like two weeks now, listening to the '70s rock band Big Star. This may be sort of a random topic—inspired by our-man gonk's town—but if any of you Outlaws are into the group, I'd say spring for the new Rhino box set Keep An Eye On The Sky. I have their earliest records (#1 Record and Radio City), and I'm usually not an alternate/outtake kinda guy, but the unreleased stuff spread out over the first three of these four discs is somethin' else. The fourth disc is a live show from 1975. My RR2150 has been singing.

And what better description of adolescence than the theme song Big Star lent That '70s Show:

"Hangin' out/down the street/the same ol' thing/you did last week…"

I dunno, if any other Outlaw has some music they've been crazy about lately—enjoyment aided by Outlaw gear, of course—feel free to chime in about it.

#10077 - 10/12/09 01:25 PM Re: Been in a rockin', virtual Memphis…
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Well, speaking of Memphis musicians, I recently re-discovered Eric Gales and tracked down his debut album from the early 90's after somebody gave me a copy of his most recent album. Those two and the new Dave Matthews CD have been getting some listening time lately.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 222 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM