Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#7391 - 03/19/03 02:07 PM Center Speaker
stabie Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, TX US
Well, I have finally cobbled together my DIY center after some serious effort. As a result I now have a B&W HTM2 available if anyone is interested. I'll sell it to anyone from here for 600 + S&H. This'll save me the hassle of EBay, which I'd expect to get closer to 700 on. It is in excellent cond. with no dings/scratches. If anyone is interested, I can probably get some images with a friend camera. Send me email at stabie@stabie-soft.com if interested. I'm planning to wait about a month, then it goes on the auction block.

As to my DIY, wow. Finally, I have a center with a little more low end. I ended up using a Focal TC120TD5, Focal 5W4252 & a Scan Speak 18S/8535. The mid/tweet are driven by a 7100 and the woofer is driven by a 755. The xover is the Behringer 3400. It's a wiring nightmare, but the little bit I've run thru it so far says its a winner. No compression, even when very loud. I moved the 950 Xover down to 60Hz, and have even tried 40. I think I liked 60 a little better, but more experimentation is in order. I still have to finish the cabinets for the L/R, but I can't wait... Kudo's to Outlaw for making this sort of arrangement financially possible.

#7392 - 03/27/03 11:22 AM Re: Center Speaker
stabie Offline
Gunslinger

I have posted some pictures of the speaker at http://www.stabie-soft.com/bw.html They are in very good condition and in black ash. I gotta say, the B&W is a cool looking speaker with the rounded back and tweeter module. Pity I can't make one that pretty! It is shielded, so it be used with pretty much any TV.

[This message has been edited by stabie (edited March 27, 2003).]

#7393 - 04/13/03 12:13 PM Re: Center Speaker
stabie Offline
Gunslinger

I have finally completed my HT. (well for a while anyway) A multi-month effort to get the L/C/R all put together with all the trimmings. The Tri-amp'ed front is just awesome. I set all front crossovers to 60Hz. The front speakers can go that low, so it should help with localization of mid-bass. The velodyne HGS-18 in the system handles the really low stuff for all channels. The rest the details and some pics can be found at http://www.stabie-soft.com/ht.html

[This message has been edited by stabie (edited April 13, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by stabie (edited April 13, 2003).]

Who's Online
0 registered (), 185 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM