Does Outlaw have a code to use in another remote?

Posted by: bobby c

Does Outlaw have a code to use in another remote? - 11/19/09 02:17 AM

Hi,

My wife would like to use the remote she is used to (Motorola QIP2500) to control volume on the Outlaw 970 when she's watch TV. If I knew the 4 digit control, I could program the QIP remote to control volume but I can't find it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Bob
Posted by: gonk

Re: Does Outlaw have a code to use in another remote? - 11/19/09 03:30 AM

Did the remote come with a cable box? If so, they tend to have limited code libraries that do not include manufacturers like Outlaw. Unless it is a learning remote (not likely with a cable box), she probably won't be able to. Sorry.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Does Outlaw have a code to use in another remote? - 11/19/09 12:59 PM

You might call Outlaw and ask for the codes or maybe Logitech or another manufacturer of universal remotes. My wife hates remote controls because they outnumber her 10 to 1 and they are all different. The best thing I ever bought for my system was the Harmony ONE. Once it was programmed the ease of use makes everyone in the house who doesn't know what's behind the curtain able to manipulate the system and use it for everything.
Posted by: Jimna

Re: Does Outlaw have a code to use in another remote? - 11/20/09 07:37 AM

as a cable guy who watches the public at large, im blown away with how easy the average joe can maneuver a remote and about any electronic device it can operate. Harmony, logitech and the likes have done an outstanding job making their devices user friendly. kudos!