Harmony 880

Posted by: wcp

Harmony 880 - 03/02/08 03:50 AM

Hi all,
I have a problem I hope the outlaw community can help me with.I'm using a Harmony 880 remote to control my home theater setup.The problem is,the 880 refuses to switch to the "dvd input" in my 970.this input is the one I have my dvd player(Toshiba sd-3990)connected to."input video4" is the one the Harmony keeps switching on.I have gone back and reconfigured the 970 at Harmony's website,plus tried a number of other things to get the remote to switch to the dvd input when I press "watch dvd" on the remote.Any ideas as to why the correct input is not switching,and is there a way I can fix it? Any answers would be a great help.
Thank you
Posted by: gonk

Re: Harmony 880 - 03/02/08 04:05 AM

I'd recommend either trying to learn the DVD command from the 970's remote or making a call to Harmony support - I've heard of similar problems with programming Harmony remotes, and I've also heard that Harmony support can generally dig an extra layer deeper into the setup file and correct such problems.
Posted by: nomoneybutgoodsound

Re: Harmony 880 - 03/02/08 04:33 PM

I thought it was a one only glitch. I have exactly the same problem. If I use the DVD activity, the 970 will not switch to the DVD input. Tried to run the programming software again, but with the same problem coming up. While the 880 works for mostly everything else, I have to keep the Outlaw remote with the Harmony.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Harmony 880 - 03/02/08 05:06 PM

Sounds like a database error on Harmony's site.
Posted by: KOYAAN

Re: Harmony 880 - 03/02/08 08:32 PM

As Gonk said, try calling Harmony support. They are very knowledgable and easy to work with.