Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#5487 - 08/13/03 10:58 PM How to save those High Dollar Remotes!!!
Lasher Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Ridge TN.
Hi all:

Just a little trick that I've used for years that i thought might help everyone out. If you've ever knocked over a drink (or had your kid or kids do it) then you'll like this money saver. For years now I've wraped all my remotes in Handi-Wrap to protect them. They all still look like the day i first bought them and the letters and numbers never wear off. It does not seem to change the way they work in any way and is a cheep way to protect your investment. I now have only one remote that i use a Sony RM-AV3000 and i would not want to have to buy another one. The best way I've found to wrap your remote is to tape it in the back and use a hair dryer to pull it tight. Has anyone else tryed this? All my friends have never heard of it. Well I hope this little trick saves someone some money.

Lasher

#5488 - 09/01/03 07:03 PM Re: How to save those High Dollar Remotes!!!
Dane Offline
Gunslinger

I love sitting in the hot tub and I love flipping channels. Long ago I learned the value of a good Zip-Loc baggie. I use the heavy duty freezer style bags and fold up the extra around on the back side. A rubber band or two holds everything in place. The remote is protected and it even floats!

#5489 - 12/08/03 09:11 AM Re: How to save those High Dollar Remotes!!!
DaleB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Clovis, CA,US
Quote:
Originally posted by Dane:
I love sitting in the hot tub and I love flipping channels....

Definitely enjoying life too much!

#5490 - 12/08/03 10:46 AM Re: How to save those High Dollar Remotes!!!
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
that is a good idea. on a touchscreen remote i use the lightweight plastic piece that comes on the screen, cut it to size and put it back on the screen. works well, especially on my pda-phone where i have to use a stylus a lot to write.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 187 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM