I have a Denon AVR-3805 Receiver, the power cord "does not" have a Ground Pin on the Plug. The power chord on the Outlaw Amp "does" have a Ground Pin on the Plug. These are both plugged into the same circuit/Outlet and my CD Player and DVD Player are pluged into the Denon.

I have had a very slight Hum that can be heard on my speakers from -79dB to +18dB on the volume control, it does not get any louder as you turn up the volume and is basically inaudible when music/ht is playing however it still bugs me. I know this is a Ground loop issue and have fixed it by running a ground wire from a screw in the Denon's Chassis to a screw in the Outlaw's Chassis.

My question is.. Can I hurt anything with this repair ? it has completely removed the Hum and every thing "seems" fine, the mechaninc in me says everything should be okay and there should be no issues however I know enough to know I don't know enough if you get my drift . Can anyone advise of any possible dangers/concerns with this approach ? any similar experiences ?

Thank You

Another Guy From Canada
Outlaw 990 Preamp/Processor
Outlaw 755 Amplifier
2 x Paradigm Monitor 11's Mains
2 x Paradigm Monitor 7's Surrounds
1 x Paradigm CC-370 Center
1 x Paradigm PW-2100 Sub