I plan to replace my RPTV with a front projector and have been doing a lot of research on the pros and cons. One thing I didn't like was the idea of having to buy a $1500. screen to use a $4000. projector. All my research indicated that a flat white wall is a watchable surface but would not offer the best picture a digatal projector is capable of. While wading through various user reviews I stumbled across references to a product called "screen goo". It seems that some Canadian brainiacs got together and developed a basecoat/topcoat system with the optical properties ( Hi/lo contrast, Hi/lo gain ) of a high tech. screen. The calculator on their site tells me that for about $200 I can have the 120 inch screen I'm lusting for. This becomes even more attractive with the new crop of sub-$2000. projectors if thats what your budget dictates. If you do a keyword search on "screen goo" you'll find the product site as well as a couple of reviews of the product on other sites. I hope this proves useful to anyone else In search of a cost effective alternative. Michael.