Remote Control No longer Works.

Posted by: Lizard King

Remote Control No longer Works. - 09/01/09 11:19 PM

Hey all:

My 1070's Remote control has lost the ability to control the receiver. I tried new battires and the lights work yet no response. My Logitech Harmony remote works yet the Outlaw's remote stopped working. I sure could use a replacement remote control.
Posted by: PeterT

Re: Remote Control No longer Works. - 09/01/09 11:54 PM

Why not call Scott at Outlaw to discuss what can be done.

Re: Remote Control No longer Works. - 09/02/09 02:41 AM

Hi Peter,

I sent Scott an email and I am hopeful to get a remote. The 1070 is an awesome unit and that is why I still use it!
Posted by: silversport

Re: Remote Control No longer Works. - 09/03/09 12:47 PM

Hey Lizard King,

...have you tried pushing the TNR button on the remote and then trying your remote???...you probably have as you've been around for awhile but I found this when I thought the remote for my 1050 (my 1070 is the same) stopped working...I thought TNR meant Tuner (silly me) when it actually runs the receiver...both my 1050 and 1070 forget from time to time (or my big fingers strike two buttons from time to time laugh ) but this may get you up and running...

Bill
Posted by: Laventura

Re: Remote Control No longer Works. - 09/03/09 01:35 PM

what can be done for a dead remote ?
mine's lost the backlite...
and the power off button works when it feels like it...
nothing major...but I wonder
can a replacement be purchased ?
I tried to send a support ticket ...but the site does not want me to log in...

Re: Remote Control No longer Works. - 09/03/09 10:28 PM

Silversport:

Thank you so much for your suggestion. That fixed the problem!

Kudos to you.

Liz

Quote:
Originally posted by silversport:
Hey Lizard King,

...have you tried pushing the TNR button on the remote and then trying your remote???...you probably have as you've been around for awhile but I found this when I thought the remote for my 1050 (my 1070 is the same) stopped working...I thought TNR meant Tuner (silly me) when it actually runs the receiver...both my 1050 and 1070 forget from time to time (or my big fingers strike two buttons from time to time laugh ) but this may get you up and running...

Bill
Posted by: silversport

Re: Remote Control No longer Works. - 09/03/09 11:50 PM

Hey Liz,

I gotta tell you that you just put a BIG smile on my face...everything today has been going wrong...so glad that SOMETHING went well...sweet!

Bill