Hello everyone. By way of quick intro, my name is Mark and I am new to the Outlaw line. I've read the 1070 manual. Here's my setup and a few questions.

Model 1070
Ceiling mounted Toshiba TDP-MT8 DLP HD projector
Da-Lite 92" screen @ 10 ft from projector.
Cambridge Newton Center Channel Center Stage.
(Old) Realistic Mach-One L & R (15" woof, 2x6" midrange horn, piezo tweeter)
Klipsch small Surr L&R and Rear L&R
Mirage 100+W sub (Y connectored to)
MCM sub amp module 100W driving 2 bass drivers mounted under the 2 theatre seats.

>Samsung DVD w/up conversion HDMI, component and optical out to Video 3 optical 3(I noted that when DVI/HDMI the 1070 defaults to Vid 1?)

>Sci Atl 8000 HD Cable no DVI, just component out (no DVI on box)to Video 2 w/optical 2 assigned

>Pioneer Elite CD Changer optical 1

>Panasonic S-video tape to VCR in/out via s-vid and analog RCA's

>Sony Cassette tape to Aux (I think, not important now)

Video out to projector via Component cables (35' run) Haven't picked up a DVI cable as yet, projector uses an M-1 connector.

OK, sheesh, so everything seems to be working. As a beta tester for Uniden, I'm impressed with the Outlaw manual. Set up went fine.

Some things I've noticed and questions:
I cannot bring up the MENU when video 2 is selected. The menu comes up then goes right to attempting to display a picture, even with the cable box off. I assume this has something to do with ?polling?.

Is picking up a sound level meter worthwhile?

Will the 1070 select the optimal surround mode based upon detecting the input coding?

Do I have the Vid 1 2 3 optimally configured as described above? Suggestions?

Will a DVI Cable provide any noticeable improvement in a 35' run when playing DVD's over my current high quality component cables?

I guess that enough for now. My sincere thanks to all that take the time and effort to respond.

Mark Levine, D.C.
New Hartford, CT