Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#71031 - 06/17/09 05:11 PM trigger jack converter?
Grog Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Greenville, SC
My receiver’s remote trigger jack only controls zone B, which doesn’t have surround, so I had hoped to connect it with the 7125’s trigger cable through the outlet instead, as the manual states is possible.
From the 7125 owners manual:
“If your processor or receiver does not have a dedicated trigger jack, it is still possible to activate the unit for automatic turn on when a Switched Outlet is available on the rear of the source device. To control the amplifier in this fashion you will need a small AC to DC power converter, capable of delivering a 6 to 12 volt DC signal. The DC voltage should terminate in a standard 3.5mm type mini plug. This type of converter may be obtained as a Power Adapter from many electronics retailers.”
I’ve looked all over the web and even took a trip to radio shack and best buy, I still can’t find “a small AC to DC power converter, capable of delivering a 6 to 12 volt DC signal”; or anything like it that will connect the 7125’s trigger jack to the receiver’s outlet. Does anyone have any idea where to get something that’ll work?
Thanks!

#71032 - 06/17/09 05:59 PM Re: trigger jack converter?
sluggo Offline
Desperado

Loc: Plano, TX
I still use one in my bedroom to trigger on my power conditioner, as like you my unit has no trigger port. Radio Shack does have it, but their website sucks even if you knew what to look for:

power supply

adaptaplug adapter

I have an extra at home (retired from my HT), if you can't find it at your store or have other issues, PM me and I'll be happy to work something out.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 356 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM