Senior Moment - Sub Help Needed

Posted by: mzpro5

Senior Moment - Sub Help Needed - 09/20/07 07:04 PM

My nephew was house sitting for me this weekend and he did some "adjustments" to my system. I think I've got everything back to where I like it but can't remember how I had my powered sub crossover set - to 0 or to 180 - to get the most out of the 990 bass management. My nephew put it in the middle.

Next time I've got to figure a way so things can't be changed. Maybe handcuffs.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Senior Moment - Sub Help Needed - 09/20/07 07:21 PM

The sub crossover should be either disabled or set as high as possible so that it doesn't get in the way of what the 990 is doing for bass management.

You mention that your choices are 0 to 180. That is the crossover and not the phase adjustment, right?

The 990 does have a way to lock the menus (most irritating when you forget that you set it, but potentially handy for adventurous system users). Doesn't really help with the sub's controls, though. Maybe electrify the switches on the sub?
Posted by: mzpro5

Re: Senior Moment - Sub Help Needed - 09/20/07 10:30 PM

Thanks gonk, I was pretty sure it should be set as high as possible but wasn't positive. And the crossover on the sub is anywhere between 0 and 180, the phase adjustment is just a switch for either 0 or 180.

Luckily I have most all my settings written down for just such a situation. I have had parties where someone thinks they know better and starts screwing around with everything, not quite sure what such people are thinking. I would never do something like that, . . . well not before asking.