Outlaws in Paradise

Posted by: muttsinparadise

Outlaws in Paradise - 11/23/06 03:31 AM

Aloha, proud to become a part of the Outlaw family today - ordered the 990/7125 combo to fire up my Axiom M80 speakers. Question? Do current units ship with current software/firmware updates installed, or will i still need to do this?
Posted by: Hullguy

Re: Outlaws in Paradise - 11/23/06 04:13 AM

I recieved mine 3 weeks ago and had to do the update. Fairly straight forward. Jim
Posted by: Sport150

Re: Outlaws in Paradise - 11/23/06 08:52 AM

Most likely you will need to update the firmware. I received my 990 last Saturday and it came with version 3.07. Although the instructions allow for using a USB A/B cable, Outlaw recommended using a serial RS232 cable (RadioShack RS-232C Male DB9 to Female DB9, ~15$). This eliminates any potential problems/conflicts with hardare driver software necessary to support the USB connection.

Re: Outlaws in Paradise - 11/23/06 12:43 PM

Thanks guys. Have a great Thanksgiving.
Posted by: mzpro5

Re: Outlaws in Paradise - 11/24/06 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by muttsinparadise:
Aloha, proud to become a part of the Outlaw family today - ordered the 990/7125 combo to fire up my Axiom M80 speakers. Question? Do current units ship with current software/firmware updates installed, or will i still need to do this?
Am very curious to hear how the pair sounds with the Axioms. I have a 990/7700 pair and am looking at the Axiom M80's as a holiday gift to myself.

Re: Outlaws in Paradise - 11/25/06 12:00 AM

Will let you know. Went to an A/V showroom today to hear "ultra" expensive sound for comparison. It was cool to hear how much power could be produced by these little Nu Force amps that weighed only a few pounds each. Of course at twice the price for only two channels. I'm a new Axiom and Outlaw owner, but several members on the Axiom forums are devout Outlaw fans, so I'm feeling pretty confident about the outcome...
Posted by: mookdoc6

Re: Outlaws in Paradise - 11/25/06 12:48 AM

mutts-

Congrats,on your order. All I can speak for is the 7125. The amp rocks period. No noise period and unlimited clean precise power. It's actually comical when all channels are driven just begging you to push it to it's limit. Let us know how your combo works!

Re: Outlaws in Paradise - 11/25/06 01:19 AM

...Cool ! I'm getting goosebumps in anticipation. Aloha.