Anyone using Dynaudios with the 990?

Posted by: jeffnebraska

Anyone using Dynaudios with the 990? - 08/22/06 01:24 AM

Heard the Dynaudio Focus line tonight and, after listening to the Paradigm Studio 100s, the B&W 703s, the NHT Classic 4, the Energy Veritas series, and some others, I think the Dynaudios are for me.

I guess it's a long shot, but is anyone here using them with the 990?

Thanks all.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Anyone using Dynaudios with the 990? - 08/22/06 07:57 AM

The only Dynaudio user around here that I'm aware of is musiciseverything, who uses them with Model 200 amps and an Aragon processor . There may be some others around, though.
Posted by: mitchius

Re: Anyone using Dynaudios with the 990? - 08/22/06 10:57 PM

I've used the older Dynaudio Contour line with the 990. The more power you give them the more low end you'll get from them. Highly recommended! Any specific question? The 990 will work the same with any speaker. The amp will make the difference imho smile I've not heard the Focus line but I assume its similar to the Contours that I've had.

Mitch
Posted by: cvinfig

Re: Anyone using Dynaudios with the 990? - 08/23/06 12:03 PM

Yep, I'm running the Focus line up front with the 990/7500 combo and I'm extremely happy with this setup. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/album/548059781cuIbEG

--Chuck
Posted by: Subw00er

Re: Anyone using Dynaudios with the 990? - 09/24/06 11:11 AM

I am using Dynaudio with Outlaw. I dont have a lot to compare the outlaw with other equipment as my previous receiver was a large Onkyo, but I did look for a while to find the right junction of power and clarity for my Dynaudios. I use Audience up front and Contour in the rear. I ended up going with a 990 and 5 monoblock configuration and I am very happy with this setup. The power is enough for the hungry Dynaudios (dont skimp on power with these speakers!) and they are clear all the way to 0db (and a bit beyond). They go loud enough for parties and definitely loud enough for any movie/audio without distortion. I believe my soundstage could be better but I beleive this is a function of my room, not my equipment because my old house had much better stage.

So, go for it, its a healthy union.
Posted by: wrglyvill

Re: Anyone using Dynaudios with the 990? - 12/19/06 12:48 AM

I would have to agree with all of the previous posts. As you can see by my sig I am an avid Dyaudio owner. I also own a set of Audience 72/42C in my living room that are slightly underpowered by an Onkyo receiver. Dynaudio has a great balance of full sound, deep bass, and detail. I am a musician so I like a big live sound. Just remember like everyone else has said, give these baby's lots of clean power.