Note to Scott on the firmware upgrade....

Posted by: CI

Note to Scott on the firmware upgrade.... - 03/28/06 06:48 AM

Scott, it is appreciated that the Outlaws are being very careful that the upgrade works, before being let out of the bag.

Just a thought....

My impression is that the thrust of the upgrade is the bass management issue, which by all accounts affects a MINORITY of users.

I hope that some of the excellent suggestions made by the outlaws, including myself, posted elsewhere in this forum, for inclusion in this firmware upgrade (which would affect a MAJORITY of users) would be included as well.

Would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
CI
Posted by: gonk

Re: Note to Scott on the firmware upgrade.... - 03/28/06 07:26 AM

I was actually trading e-mails with Scott just yesterday (bugging him about AndrewS's subwoofer level bug, which they are working on), and based on what he told me I expect the update to include not only bass management bug-fixing but also refinements that have been discussed here in the saloon. That response matches the assorted comments I've seen from Outlaw previously - that the planned firmware update will address as many user comments as they can tuck in there and as the hardware will allow.
Posted by: CI

Re: Note to Scott on the firmware upgrade.... - 03/28/06 10:21 AM

Gonk, that's great news indeed....

CI
Posted by: AndrewS

Re: Note to Scott on the firmware upgrade.... - 03/28/06 05:27 PM

Yep!

I LOVE my 990. I hope that my comments about the bass issue that has affected me haven't made anyone think I'm not enjoying this unit.

I've noticed improvement in many areas over my B&K Ref31.
Posted by: blaineh

Re: Note to Scott on the firmware upgrade.... - 03/29/06 07:45 AM

Please, Please, Please...
May we have a bass redirection funtion that allows bass to be sent to Large Left and Right mains (w/ xover from the small other speakers)