How ggod is the 990 with SACD in analog bypass?

Posted by: yba_us

How ggod is the 990 with SACD in analog bypass? - 11/29/05 07:20 PM

I'm looking for a processor with good quality analog bypass.Everything else does not matter,really.I have the Marantz dv 9500 dvd-sacd player ,wich does a fantastic job with CD and SACD-DVDa also.Is there anybody who compared the 990 to another good quality processor,like Classe,or B&K or Sunfire...etc?I'm not interested in bass management since the Marantz has that nolidge.Sorry about my English.I hope you going to understand me....:-)
Thanks,Tibor
Posted by: AudioBear

Re: How ggod is the 990 with SACD in analog bypass? - 11/30/05 04:02 AM

The 990 has compared favorably with processors costing thousands of dollars more. Analog bypass should be flat and noiseless if you do not use the digital bass management (all speakers set to large). It is very very very neutral in my opinion.
Posted by: RCF051

Re: How ggod is the 990 with SACD in analog bypass? - 11/30/05 09:44 AM

I have my 990 set up for SACD surround, all speakers large, using the Denon DVD 1920 for SACD playback (as well as DVD-A). I agree with AudioBear that the 990 is neutral/transparent. My experience is that what is on the disk is what comes out (i.e. some disks sound great, others make you wonder what they did to the original recording). Hope this helps.

Best -- Bob
Posted by: yba_us

Re: How ggod is the 990 with SACD in analog bypass? - 12/01/05 12:12 AM

Thank you so much for the quick respond.I'm still working on this "problem".I had the Classe SSP30mk2 and I had to sell it because of my financial problem:-(It's going to be very difficoult to get another one for that money($1350)This is the reason I'm here.I had the Rotel rsp 1068 and it was good on bypass,but it was extremly noisy in every way:-(I had to sell it.Now I have nothing!Thank you for your help.
Have a nice day,Tibor