Review at Ultimate AV

Posted by: jimsfield

Review at Ultimate AV - 07/18/05 03:11 PM

For your reading pleasure. They liked it a lot. http://www.guidetohometheater.com/surroundsoundpreampprocessors/705outlaw/
Posted by: Jed M

Re: Review at Ultimate AV - 07/18/05 06:04 PM

That was a pretty solid review. I must have missed the part about it sounding like an FM radio compared to a $400 HK receiver. smile
Posted by: kgveteran

Re: Review at Ultimate AV - 07/18/05 10:08 PM

One part of the review didn't make sense.He said we have the option to digitize the 7.1 input ? Do we ? I never got that impression from the owners manual.I wouldn't mind doing that to get bass management.
Posted by: kgveteran

Re: Review at Ultimate AV - 07/18/05 10:09 PM

Hey Jed,
116 degree's today....wow don't melt!
Posted by: Nemos2

Re: Review at Ultimate AV - 07/18/05 11:53 PM

Great review. I do have one question.... as quoted from the Manufacturers Respones section of the article... concerning the HDMI/DVI issue....

"For that reason, Outlaw now offers cables with a DVI connector on one end and an HDMI connector on the other."

I have not seen these cables on the website, and I dont think that we have heard about the cables ( at least DVI to HDMI) in the newsletters...

Did I miss something?

I know that the newsletters mentioned new cables coming...and I assumed that it would be balanced cables, and DVI-DVI cables.....

Interesting......
Posted by: gonk

Re: Review at Ultimate AV - 07/19/05 12:07 AM

Nemos2, check out this thread I posted earlier today. I noticed the same thing you did, and did a little wandering through the Outlaw site. Lo and behold, they weren't kidding...
Posted by: Nemos2

Re: Review at Ultimate AV - 07/19/05 08:46 AM

Gonk, thanks for pointing me in the right direction there...

I did not check out the Order page so....

I will be interested to see a little more info on the cabels.....seem like a pretty good price as well...
Posted by: Jed M

Re: Review at Ultimate AV - 07/20/05 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kgveteran:
Hey Jed,
116 degree's today....wow don't melt!
Thanks for looking out for me. smile

I am actually in Kansas City visiting my folks right now, but this friggin humidity isn't treating me much better. Need to get to upstate NY like you.
Posted by: K-Man

Re: Review at Ultimate AV - 07/20/05 05:55 PM

Yep, Kansas City is pretty miserable right now. If you are staying in town the rest of the week, it's going to be worse. I'm wishing I were in Vegas. I'd gladly trade our 98 and 90% humidity for 105 and 15% humidity! Fortunately, my dedicated theater room stays a nice 72 degrees. I'm looking forward to some more quality cool time getting to know the Outlaw tonight.
Posted by: Sound Killer

Re: Review at Ultimate AV - 07/20/05 10:33 PM

Does anyone know if there’s any place maintains Hi-Temperature- 60 degrees, Low-Temperature- 55 degrees, and humidity level- 30% everyday through out entire year even in the summer? That would be nice. And if there’s no sunshine, that would be even better. :rolleyes:

Check out world weather here.

http://weather.msn.com/maps.aspx
Posted by: Sound Killer

Re: Review at Ultimate AV - 07/20/05 10:40 PM

MMM... :rolleyes: Check out Paris. The weather seems pretty nice...