Help! No sound!

Posted by: geoff

Help! No sound! - 11/20/12 07:17 PM

Hello Outlaws and friends of Outlaws.

I'm really hoping someone can figure this out. My Outlaw 990, of which I am very fond, is not sending any audio signals out.

No matter which source I use (CD, DVR, Roku, Apple TV, tuner), my speakers and subwoofer are silent. It's not on Mute. I've turned it all the way up and all the way down and still get nothing. No hiss or anything.
I've switched it on and off, but haven't tried much of anything else other than trying all the different inputs.
My amp is a B&K Reference 200.7 and I'm connecting to it via the balanced outputs, but the problem is not isolated to the amp because my subwoofer is not getting any signal either.

Any ideas? Other than getting a new preamp?

Thanks so much for your input.
Posted by: butchgo

Re: Help! No sound! - 11/20/12 07:23 PM

You didn't by any chance accidentialy put into headphone mode did you?
Posted by: geoff

Re: Help! No sound! - 11/20/12 08:35 PM

Unbelievable. I guess I'm an idiot. *SMH* Yes, apparently that's exactly what happened. My wife said the kids were just watching TV and the sound went out. I guess they were holding down the mute button. I've never even used headphone mode before, so it wasn't on my radar. I had to look up how to turn it off. But that did it! THANK YOU! I thought for sure some DAC chip or diode or capacitor had fried. Thanks, butchgo!
Posted by: tg3

Re: Help! No sound! - 11/21/12 01:54 AM

Been there, done that! crazy
Posted by: butchgo

Re: Help! No sound! - 11/21/12 12:31 PM

No problem.
Glad everything is OK. grin
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Help! No sound! - 11/21/12 08:15 PM

Number ONE rule - never let them touch the remote. Just kidding
Posted by: Mr_Freedom

Re: Help! No sound! - 11/28/12 11:35 PM