Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#56142 - 09/29/05 03:14 AM I finally got my 990/7125 combo hooked up and ready to go.
John Menoni Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New York
I have had the system sitting in there boxes in my basement for a couple weeks and now I finally re wired my room and hooked this bad boy up. I was really anxious to see what the sound would be like with the outlaw combo. I am upgrading from a THX select certified reciever that was only 85 watts a channel into 8 ohms. I didn't know if the difference would be overwhelming because I haven't upgraded my speaker system yet. I am going with the M&K 150 THX system in the future. Anyway, I was very suprised and excited that the difference was not just noticable. It Blew me away!!! The sound had so much more punch and definition compared to the inferior reciever that I was using. I threw in a few DTS ES DVDs and I really thought the true 7.1 experience was something else. After watching a few movies with my new system, I am very happy that I decided to go with the Outlaw and didn't waste time and money saving for a THX system that probably would have sounded about the same as what I have now.

#56143 - 09/29/05 07:31 AM Re: I finally got my 990/7125 combo hooked up and ready to go.
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Excellent! Glad to hear that the 990 has worked out so well for you, John.

#56144 - 09/29/05 11:59 PM Re: I finally got my 990/7125 combo hooked up and ready to go.
AvFan Offline
Desperado

Loc: El Cajon, California
I too made the switch from a THX (Pioneer Elite ) receiver to a 990 and five 2200 mono blocks versus the 7125. The sound has improved signficantly with the seperates over the receiver. I believe the 990 is a terrific processor and results in wonderful sound. My favorite demo DVD so far is the pod race in Star Wars I. Things were flying in from all directions! I never heard those sounds from my receiver. SACDs (John Mayer, Heavier Things) sound great too!

I currently have M&Ks, but one step below the 150s you are interested in. My 851s, S125C, 55 surrounds and MX-70B are more than enough for my room. I imagine that the 150 system would sound just that much better. M&K has terrific support (sound familiar?) and a call to Barry Ober, their principal engineer, might help you make a choice of their speakers based upon your particular room. He was very helpful when I was determining speaker location (wiring within remodeled walls) for my original K series speakers. About 2 years later he provided great support when I upgraded (via M&K's refurbished store and e-bay) my speakers to the current set.

Good luck with your new Outlaws. Enjoy!

#56145 - 09/30/05 02:43 PM Re: I finally got my 990/7125 combo hooked up and ready to go.
John Menoni Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New York
AVfan, I have been emailing Barry at M&K for the past year since I started designing and planning the HT project. He has been instrumental in helping me figure out how to achieve the best possible sound. I must have asked 100 questions and every time Barry has taken the time to give me a educated and thorough answer. I would have wired my system completely different if it weren't for Barry. The other thing I find most impressive about Barry and M&K is that they don't try to get you to spend more by giving you false advise. I was thinking about getting another 350 sub and Barry told me that I absolutely didn't need another sub. I recently recieved my M&K S-150 angled left/right speakers and they sound awesome! I can't wait to see what the completed 150 system is going to sound like. I have two friends that are planning a HT project and I have reccomended M&K and Outlaw to both.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 223 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM