For the past 6 years, I've been using an Outlaw 990 processor with an Outlaw 7500 amp. Connected to the 990 is a Digital Optical (Toslink) from my HD Cable Box and Pioneer Elite DVD player, and Digital Coax RCA from an Adcom 5 disc CD Changer. Then the 990 is connected to the 7500 via MIT Oracle XLR balanced cables. From the 7500 it's MIT Shotgun Bi-Wire MH-750 cables to B&W 804S and HTM3S speakers.

Since my Panasonic 36" Tube HDTV is from 2001, it only has HD Component inputs (480p/1080i), which I have the HD cable box and DVD player connected to.

The reason I want to get the Oppo BDP-95 blu-ray player is because it supports playing BD discs over Component at 1080i. All newer players are removing the Component due to the "analog sunset".

Since my Outlaw 990 is currently acting as the DAC, being fed by the CD changer, cable box, and DVD player, if I get the Oppo BDP-95, it would basically replace my CD and DVD player.

Naturally, I'd use the newer DACs in the Oppo BDP-95 instead of the Outlaw 990. This would means I'd have to connect the two Stereo RCA outs from the Oppo to the CD RCA inputs on the 990 (for use when playing CDs), and the 5.1 RCA outs from the Oppo to the 990 (for movies/multichannel).

What I'd like to know (before I buy the Oppo) is if anyone else has connected a BDP-95/93 to the Outlaw 990 in this type of set-up. If so, are there recommendations or advise that I should pay attention to? I'm hoping the CD playback on the Oppo BDP-95 with its 32-bit DACs sound better than the internal DACs on the Outlaw 990.

I read the other post on here about the bass management while using an Oppo connected to a 990. It basically said to have the Oppo set to Large/full-range for all the speakers, and continue to have the 990 do the bass management and speaker distance. This makes sense to me, as I have the 990's cross-over set to Small for all speakers, 40Hz Front, 60Hz Center, and 80Hz rear. This way everything below those frequencies are sent to the Sub. I did experiment with 60Hz and 80Hz for the fronts, but since the B&W 804S are good full range speakers, they actually sounded best set to 40Hz cross-over. Since the HTM3S center doesn't get quite as low, I have it set to 60Hz.

Thanks again!