A few "rambling" issues:
..I moved into a new home a month ago, and have finally gotten around to installing my home theater system in the 2nd master bedroom- I can use some suggestions about a few things:
- I've gone to the DTV HDTV box (H20, I think-). Any direct "metallic" connection/input to the 990 from the /dtv box causes a REALLY annoying 60 Hz hum in my Carver/Sunfire True subwoofer that seems to be a ground loop- I've got a Monster Power power controller, and have tried moving the DTV box AC connection to various outlets on the box, and even plugging it into a separate wall outlet, although still on the same circuit in the house. I've also tried running a ground wire from the DTV box to the 990, to the sub, sub to ground, etc. Thoughts?
-Is there any way to set up a pre-out/main in or loop connection on the 990? I have a 1/3 octave analyzer, and two 1/3 graphic EQs for the front L/R main speakers, and would rather hook them in this way instead of "in series" from the main L/R outputs to the amps if it's do-able...
- None of the component video inputs seem to work on the 990 when selected on the config for various video inputs?
- Target has a "stand alone" Kawasaki 7" LCD color monitor for about $80 for those of us who want to use a separate monitor for the 990's OSD, and spend a bit less than the price of a 7" LCD TV...
Thanks in advance...