This may be a long winded question so please bare with me on this one. As some of you know I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the 990/7700 combo next week and I still have a couple of questions about the 990, as far as having questions about the 7700, it speaks for itself.

Okay, my current receiver is a Denon AVR-3805 and my DVD player is a DVD-3910. Say I insert a DVD that only has the DD 5.1 soundtrack on it. The 3805 automatically selects the best way to decode that soundtrack which in most cases is the DD+PLIIx which is what displays on the front of the 3805. It pretty much does this for all formats including sat., XBOX 360, etc. If I go into the audio options of the DVD and select the DTS soundtract, the receiver will automatically select the DTS:Neo 6 soundtract. I sure hope I'm explaining this correctly. In my opinion this is a nice feature that the receiver automatically detects the best format to use when decoding the soundtracts which the user also has the option of changing. It makes it really nice for someone like my wife because all she has to do is put a movie in and let it play, she doesn't want to have to do anything other than put a movie in, sit back and enjoy the movie.

So, with that said, does the 990 have this ability to automatically choose the best way to decode the movie soundtract. Meaning, is she put in a movie with a DD 5.1 soundtract, will the 990 default to the DD+PLIIx or is this something the user has to change. Example: say she is watching a movie one day when I'm at work which has a DD 5.1 soundtract and the reciver displays DD+PLIIx Movie. If I come home that afternoon and want to watch a movie that has a DTS sountract which has to be set threw the DVD audio options and I select DTS 5.1, will the receiver automatically switch to a DTS:(whichever format) surround format or is this something the user has to manually change by pressing the "SURR MODE" button on the front of the pre/pro or by pressing the "DOLBY" or "DTS" mode on the remote control?

Told you guys this was going to be a long winded question but any and all help would be greatly appreciated.