Okay, it finally arrived today (after ordering on the 2nd, long wait) I swapped out my old Rotel 976, set my inputs, did a quick calibration job and got down to buisness. I was very impressed with the sound in 2ch compared to the Rotel (using a Parasound amp and Athena tech speakers)so I decided to give the surround processing a little test, watched Pirates of the Caribbian, the video quality seemed good throught he internals, sound excellent, I couldnt have been happier. Movie finished and I wasnt able to use the remote to power down the unit. I tried manually turning it off at the front soft switch, no go. No buttons on the front panel of the 990 were operational, great, a 4 hour wonder. Unpugged it from the wall and we'll see in a bit. I can truly say that If after I do a hard reset, then input all of my settings again, it will never pull this sort of thing again, I will be forced to look elsewhere for a new pre/pro. Heck, at least the Rotel works. Anyone have any suggestions? Not much you can really do about a software crash. I hope the 30 day trial deal is legit, oh, wait, Im at the end of my second week with it yet I only got it today, lol. Hopefully this is an isolated incident.