I apologize, but this will be all stream of conscience because I am at work and can't spend a ton of time on this right now. If you have questions, feel free to post them here and I will try to answer them. So I was one of the lucky three to bring a 990 home. I have it hooked to a 770 which I bought at the same time as well. I said I wasn't going to hook it up last night... Yeah we all know how long that lasted. I have it 90% done, I have some tweaking to do with my SACD player, but beyond that it is hooked up as a 5.1 system (room is too small for 7.1, but I am moving soon). My first impression is wow. I really like the sound from the unit. It is completly quite, putting my NAD T763 to shame. And the 990 doesn't have a hum. My only dislike so far is the navigation on the menu. But that is also a product of not having the manual yet. I think if I had it, it would be easier to locate the items I want to use. I have to do an auto setup tonight, I didn't do it last night because my neighbors would kill me. I like that the micropohone they give you has a tripod screw so I can really set it up at the right height. It's ability to make my HD cable box sound good is what really struck me. There has always been a bit of a hiss from it, whether with my NAD or my friends Denon. It sounds great. My only other issue is where to store the boxes in a NYC apartment.

Shawn