Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#65660 - 07/10/07 01:21 AM On screen menu question
ceddc Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Central Valley Calif.
A couple of hours ago, I needed to tweak the sync function. I couldn't get into the menu via remote, or front panel button. Typically after pushing one of them, I hear a distinct click, and then the menu appears on my LCD tv. I used it about two weeks ago with no problems. Could I have inadvertently disabled access? I looked thru the manual with no luck. Also, I un-plugged the unit for 15 min. w/ no luck. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help/input.
Charlie

#65661 - 07/10/07 04:53 PM Re: On screen menu question
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
With the version 3.10 and 3.11 firmware, the "SYNC" button on the remote should bring up the sync adjustment on the front panel, at which point the navigation buttons allow adjustment and the SELECT button allows you to accept a setting. In this case, though, it sounds like you are running into more - you are not getting the on-screen menu either. That's a bit of a stumper.

There's a basic checklist of questions that occur to me. Do you have the TV set to use the 990's composite, s-video, or component monitor output? Next, did you press "TNR" on the remote before pressing the "MENU" button located directly above the "CH+" button (not the button labeled "TONE" with a secondary label of "MENU")? It sounds like you've at least covered the second question by using the front panel MENU button anyway, but I figured I'd toss them both out. If neither of those turn anything up, it may be best to let Outlaw support weigh in (either by calling them at 866-688-5292 or by opening a ticket on the support site ).

#65662 - 07/10/07 11:17 PM Re: On screen menu question
ceddc Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Central Valley Calif.
Thanks for the advice Gonk. I think it somewhat fixed itself. I remembered that when I press the 7.1 button, I would hear the same type of click when that input activates. I did that, and then everything went back to normal. Sticky relay? Don't know if it had anything to do with it, or a random occurence. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on it, since I have a good long warranty. Thanks again.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 312 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM