Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#63609 - 01/14/07 11:41 PM 990 pre out voltage
Skyblazer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Spokane, WA
I've had my 990 for just about 10 months now.. love it for the most part.

For the first 7 or 8 months it's been great.. then about two months ago something started to happen where the front left and right speakers will cut out. If I raise the volume it will "punch thru" and be ok.

I took my 2 ch amp in for repairs, and they found it needed repairs. Hooked up another amp mean time.. and it was ok for about two weeks. then the same problem showed up.. audio on the front left and right channels would cut out.

Ok, now i'm on my third amp.. which are Marantz mono block amps.. and once again the left and right front channels are cutting in and out on occasion.. every source is affected.

I have to turn everything off... and sometimes that fixes the audio cutting out problem. I have checked all the amps, replaced all the interconnects from the 990 to the amps... and also replaced the digital cables.

This problem still exists on occasion.

Finally, i'm thinking hey maybe it's the pre amp output voltage isn't putting out the right volts for the amps to run properely.

How would I test the volt output of the 990 pre amp?

Is this a possibility as to why my front left and right channels keep on occasion cutting in and out? I'm really stumped here. I'm out of amps to try. ANd like I said... when the problem surfaces, and I install another amp.. it's fine for a couple weeks.. then the problem comes back again, always.

thanks for any help. Has anyone sent their 990 back to Outlaw Audio for repairs before?
Parasound P/HP-850 2 CH pre
Pioneer PL-530 TT
Polk Audio SDA 2B
NAD 2600A amp
Danger Boy here

#63610 - 01/15/07 01:31 PM Re: 990 pre out voltage
psyprof1 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
I sent my first 990 back because there was no voltage at either of the 12-volt trigger outputs (i.e., it wouldn't turn on a trigger-controlled power amplifier) as confirmed by a voltmeter. Outlaw sent me a return authorization, I returned it, and the replacement works fine. I've had no problems with channel signal cutouts. I certainly suggest first emailing them; they may have good advice for you. If that doesn't work they (probably Steve) will email you a time to phone him. He was very helpful when I was having upgrade installation woes. Good luck.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 223 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM