broken tv question

Posted by: kugumby

broken tv question - 05/23/05 02:05 PM

Hi guys. I thought I'd take advantage of the collective brains we have here and ask a quick question about an older TV I have.

27" tv about 12 years old. I had it plugged into a surge protector and had a problem with the wall outlet. (Old house, old wiring long story short, the outlet sparked and tripped the breaker.) Now when I try to plug the tv in, (to a known good outlet) I'll actually get a spark in the outlet as I stick the plug into the outlet. After it's plugged in the tv won't turn on.

My guess is that the power supply is somehow fried and probably isn't worth having repaired, but I thought I'd ask what you guys thought anyway.

Thanks in advance.
Posted by: curegeorg

Re: broken tv question - 05/23/05 02:52 PM

i wont speculate on whats wrong with it, but it is probably best to forego the repair process in lieu of purchasing a new set. though maybe someone could give you a free estimate... could be a $5 fix...
Posted by: E'pin Sen Ob

Re: broken tv question - 05/29/05 01:52 PM

Curegeorg, do you plan to buy a new system if and when you sell those tires of yours . I have clicked on Soon to be My HT twice now expecting some interesting pics . Of course all I get are some pimp daddy rims .

Just curious .