Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#51146 - 11/05/05 09:29 AM carfax.com
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
just a heads up.don't waste your money on carfax,the information is inaccurate.the body style of my truck was even wrong!no info on my 3 insurance claims(one being $300 from total loss)

now they are trying to weasel out of their '100% satisfaction guarantee' by saying they don't have record of my purchase.

eek eek BEWARE!!! eek eek

#51147 - 11/05/05 10:03 AM Re: carfax.com
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
Carfax is the biggest joke in the auto industry. Why do you think all the used Auto dealers love it? I had a serious accident (no serious injuries thankfully) in my old car and had it repaired at the dealership (Mitsubishi). When it came time to sell my car I was honest about the accident but one of the prospective buyers asked why it didn't show up on carfax, implying I must of had it repaired in a shady fashion. I went to carfax and bought a month trial and sure enough, nothing was listed for my car. That made me wonder so the only person I could think of that had a car that may show up on carfax was a friend who had to get a new engine built for his Ford truck a couple years ago so I called him and ran his VIN through carfax. Nothing. Just to be fair, when shopping for cars I did notice some that had issues on carfax, but the fact that they were 0 for 2 with my vehicles pretty much made me aware of the lovefest between the used auto industry and carfax. Do a google search on carfax and you will find that we are not the only two people in the world who are catching on to this.

#51148 - 11/10/05 10:15 PM Re: carfax.com
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
btw carfax did issue me a refund.1 or 2 statements...or contact them...

#51149 - 11/14/05 09:12 PM Re: carfax.com
Steve_C Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tallahassee, Fl
I listed my truck on cars.com - Being an honest seller I listed my VIN.
Carfax indicated my truck had a "record" so I bought my CARFAX.

As I knew all good info = 1 owner - no wrecks - etc.

Still kinda pissed me off since it appears as if carfax only shows negative info - as presented.
IE: You better "find out" if the car you are looking at has a negative "history" because of the way carfax reports are "presented - recommended" on the web site. No mention of the fact that positive items are also listed in the reports.
Complained about this ommision and got a refund as dissatisifed with my results.

- looks like indivdual sellers listings include the link to buy a carfax if the VIN is provided by a seller. I provided mine since I had nothing to hide.

I was tempted add a statement to my ad offering to deduct the cost - pay for your carfax report if you bought my truck. To late now - kept the truck/

Who's Online
0 registered (), 255 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM