Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#46773 - 06/07/03 04:21 PM Remote and crossover questions
Raider Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, TN
I have had the 950/7100 hooked up for 2 days now and will post a complete impressions list soon. I enjoy reading others so I thought I would do my duty. I do have two questions for you experts out there:

1) On the remote control I have programmed all my devices on the Outlaw remote so that I and my wife can use one remote instead of many.There are times I only want to watch TV without the 950; however, everytime I hit the TV source button the 950 turns on. This is annoying. I did not have this problem with my HK remote/receiver. Is there some way to stop the 950 from turning on and control the TV only?

2) I would appreciate some advice on how to properly set crossover frequences. I have Klipsch KLF20 for fronts/KLF7 for center/RS7 for surrounds if that helps

#46774 - 06/08/03 08:44 AM Re: Remote and crossover questions
Dane Offline
Gunslinger

I know it's cheating, but I just cover the front of the remote when I hit the "TV" button. The 950 will not see the command so it stays off, but the remote gets switched over to "TV" mode.

The big thing that "chafes me raw" is that the volume control does not work when you have another source selected. I have to hit "SAT" to change the channel, and "AUD" to change the volume. A real pain when you are channel surfing.

#46775 - 06/08/03 03:06 PM Re: Remote and crossover questions
Unferth Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Homewood, AL, US
Dane,
For the volume control, look in manual at the "punch through" volume... that way volume and mute work on any source that's selected...

Raider,
For the crossovers... The absolute best thing would be to have the manuals for your speakers and look at a response graph or what they suggest as the lowest frequency the speakers will produce and go with the crossover frequency that's the higher one... (like if they'll do down to 50hz go with 60 instead of 40).... actually a quick search on google reveals that the fronts will go to 34hz.. so you could try running them "Large" or a crossover setting of 40.....

The next best thing would be to start at around 100 or so and work your way down till they sound the way you want them too...

#46776 - 06/08/03 03:17 PM Re: Remote and crossover questions
Raider Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, TN
Thanks to Dane and Unferth.
I had originally tried to put a magazine between the remote and the 950 but amazingly the 950 still came on. I just tried by putting my hand over the IR portion of remote and it worked. Dane, the punch through will solve your problems as it did mine

Unferth, thanks for the crossover info. Never had separates before with all these choices and dial ins so I am still learning.

#46777 - 06/09/03 06:40 AM Re: Remote and crossover questions
Dane Offline
Gunslinger

Don't tell my wife that I did not read the instructions.

I programmed the punch through on the remote and it is working fine.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 266 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM