Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#36761 - 02/23/02 02:59 PM Selectable Preset Distance/Volume Settings????
drhb Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New City, NY USA
Just wondered if there can be several SPECIFIC sets of preset distance and volume settings available on the 950. That is, if you are switching between different rooms with different speaker distances, to have a set of preset distance and volume settings for each room. On the Sony TAE9000ES for example, you can input exact digital distance and volume settings, via ir codes for each individual setting; thus, you can have a set of ir codes to indicate the correct distance and volume settings for each room.

Can this be done on the 950????

#36762 - 02/23/02 03:38 PM Re: Selectable Preset Distance/Volume Settings????
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
As with many of these questions, we all quickly run into the problem of not having the manual, but I can make an educated guess in this case. Are you talking about having 5.1 output to multiple zones? I am assuming so, based on the scenario you describe. Unfortunately, the zone 2 outputs on the 950 are analog stereo only, so there would not be a need for separate zone 2 speaker settings.

Of course, it may be possible to assign one of the digital outputs to zone 2, but that would require decoding in that zone and that decoding source would be responsible for time delay and bass management.

------------------
Gonk

#36763 - 02/23/02 03:49 PM Re: Selectable Preset Distance/Volume Settings????
drhb Offline
Gunslinger

Actually not. I would be doing all switching via Niles switchers, and thus what I am needing is simply a DIRECT input of specific IR codes for specific speaker distances and speaker volumes (eg, Ft Lft and Ft Rt speakers at 14 feet, and at +3db volume level; Rear Lft and Rear Rt at 10 feet, and at -2db volume level; sw at 9 feet, and at 1db level). Then, I would use the Niles swither to select another room, and simply input another set of ir codes which apply to THAT room. Hope I am making sense in explaining this. I AM able to do exactly this, with my TAE9000 Sony preamp, which allows a SPECIFIC IR code for each distance and volume point for each speaker. (eg, one ir code is available for Left Front Speaker at 12 Feet, and another code for that speaker to be set at eg, -4db volume level).

#36764 - 02/23/02 04:42 PM Re: Selectable Preset Distance/Volume Settings????
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Now that I don't know. So your TA-E9000 has discrete remote codes for each possible time delay and gain setting on each speaker, and you are switching your pre-amp outputs between between amps serving different rooms? Interesting. You might want to ask the Outlaws directly via e-mail, or wait for the manual to appear. The beta testers have only temporary remotes and no manuals (and the rest of us are relying on their information and the information that has appeared in newsletters and press releases), but I suspect that the Outlaws could give you an answer.

------------------
Gonk

#36765 - 02/23/02 05:21 PM Re: Selectable Preset Distance/Volume Settings????
drhb Offline
Gunslinger

Gonk, thanks for the try! I will email the outlaws and if I get a response, will post it!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 237 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM