Yahoo....it ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: MCH

Yahoo....it ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!! - 02/28/02 08:17 PM

Very timely! My 1050 B arrived today, a day before my birthday. I did a quick setup with great anticipation; yanked out my JVC 8000. In with the Outlaw, slipped in a cd disc and voila; music to my ears. My concern with volume are gone, my JVC rated at 120Watts into 2 channels has no more power than the Outlaw. When I put in Saving Private Ryan DTS; there definitely is more power with the Outlaw (there was a definite reduction in power with the JVC in all channels driven). One curious thing is now the test tones throughout my speakers sound similar in timbre; before there was a more pronounced difference from the main speakers to the center and surrounds. Now the timbre sounds more matched. Must be a good thing! Now I have to set up the remote to operate as much as possible with a single remote. Next is to build a diy sub to replace my cheap Sony SA-WM40. My diy EFE speakers sound great in stereo (will eventually build another 4 to make a totally matched system).
Well, I got keep my fingers crossed as time goes on, hopefully everything performs as it should. Hopefully no smoke or flames from the B stock.
For the time being call me one happy desperado.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Yahoo....it ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!! - 02/28/02 08:24 PM

- Excellent news! The remote is a pretty good one -- handled every device in my system fairly readily. Have fun!

------------------
Gonk
Posted by: Smart Little Lena

Re: Yahoo....it ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!! - 02/28/02 08:43 PM

(Pretend its after midnight)
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to YOU, Happy …uh, I think I’m off key now.
Anyway GREAT timing have fun with your new present!
Posted by: Owl's_Warder

Re: Yahoo....it ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!! - 03/01/02 01:16 AM

Happy Bday and welcome to the Outlaw family! gonk's right about that remote, the only thing mine won't operate is my UHF satellite box. Can't quite figure out how to get that infra red light to emit a radio wave...
Posted by: psklenar

Re: Yahoo....it ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!! - 03/01/02 07:40 AM

Happy Birthday MCH!! You share this date with a very special person ... my mother! So you had better behave yourself! Congrats on your new aquisition and, as a 1050 owner of nearly two years, I truly believe you're going to be very happy with it!

------------------
pat----

email: pat@sklenar.info ---===--- home page: Grumpy's Lair
Posted by: stott

Re: Yahoo....it ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!! - 03/01/02 12:28 PM

Heh,
It is my mother's birthday too. Happy birthday to all. I am gonna have to call her shortly

------------------
Stott
Posted by: psklenar

Re: Yahoo....it ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!! - 03/01/02 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stott:
.... I am gonna have to call her shortly

Gee, I call mine "Mom".

------------------
pat----

email: pat@sklenar.info ---===--- home page: Grumpy's Lair